Criteria for Consideration
The following baseline criteria will be used in consideration for bestowing
the honor of Distinguished Educator upon one of the Council's members.
Adequate and detailed documentation must be provided in support of each
category below that underscores the nominee's leadership and contribution
to the field of education. Nominators are encouraged to provide additional
information in support of the nominee's petition.
• Retired with at least twenty-five (25) years of service in education.
• Membership in the Council for at least ten (10) years.
• Served as a Council officer or member of the Executive Committee,
or in a leadership role (officer or executive committee member) of another
educational organization (e.g., New Jersey Administrators Association,
School Masters, New Jersey School Boards, American Association of School
Administrators, New Jersey Principals and Supervisors Association, etc.).
• Demonstrated leadership as a member of a research, investigation,
or writing team at the state or national level whose findings contributed
to educational theory or practice.
• Demonstrated leadership as a participant in state or national
conferences, conventions, seminars, or workshops as a panel member,
reactor, or presenter that contributed to educational theory or practice.
• Prepared, published, or presented a scholarly work(s) on topic(s)
issue(s) relevant to the field of education.
Nominations for the Distinguished Educator Award should be forwarded
to the Immediate Past President.